Thursday, December 8, 2011

Autumn in New York


At the beginning of November we escaped to New York for a weekend. Yes! Just a weekend. What an akward experience to get into a plane and arrive in the city that never sleeps within just two hours and no jetlag! 

It was my third time in New York, so I had already done all the sightseeing before, I finally had the time to enjoy my time just walking around and enjoy autumn (especially in Central Park), drinking coffees in cute little caf├ęs, go shopping and discover some really cool places. These three were my favourites:

A candy store for those who love to knit and sew. What a colourful store full of fabrics, wool, embroidery accessories, craft books and so much more. Absolutely worth a visit! If you check out their website you will find that they also have a blog on which they share ideas and inspirations. 

After my friend Gaby (who I met there) had saved me one of birthday truffles from momofuku´s milkbar, I just had to visit this place. Delicious and giant croissants with cinnamon, more cake truffles (I have to learn how to do them)...ooo: and the time we went there, they had a Thanksgiving croissant, stuffed with turkey, cranberries, mashed potatoes and grave. A whole Thanksgiving Dinner in a croissant! Gracias Gaby y gracias Dani for this tipp!

Welcome to the world of beautiful kitch! I loved all the garlands, Japanese paper balloons, lanterns, fabrics, clothes,  journals and colourful fabrics they had there. 

¡Viva New York and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Willkommen and hi! I would love to read your comments and thoughts :)